Running a marathon is a physically demanding activity, most Marathons require a doctor to certify you as fit to participate. All Marathon medical examinations are performed by a GP registered to a practice in the UK.
The marathon medical may require a basic examination, some ultra-marathons may recommend an ECG depending on age.
We have experience in carrying out medicals for the following races:
Paris Marathon, Medoc Marathon, Marathon de Sables, L’Etape du Tour, La Marmotte and Triathlons.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements in more detail please call our 24 hour helpline on 02476 959 695 or email email@example.com for more details
What will happen at the examination?
1) You will be asked questions regarding your medical history
2) Height & Weight
3) Eye Examination
4) Cardiovascular Examination
5) Blood Pressure Examination
6) Neurological Examination
7) Respiratory Examination
8) Musculoskeletal System Examination
9) Other tests including urine dipstick and colour vision check if required