To become a private hire driver in Wolverhampton, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a full UK driver’s licence for at least 12 months
- Apply for and obtain a private hire driver’s licence from Wolverhampton City Council
- Complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check
- Pass a medical examination to ensure you are fit to drive a taxi
- Pass a knowledge test to demonstrate your knowledge of Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas
- Complete a safeguarding course to ensure you are able to identify and report potential safeguarding concerns
- Complete a disability awareness course to ensure you are able to provide assistance to disabled passengers
To apply for a private hire driver’s licence, you will need to complete an application form and provide the required documentation, including proof of your right to work in the UK, your driving licence, and your DBS check.
Once you have obtained your private hire driver’s licence, you will need to find a licensed private hire operator to work for. You can either work as a self-employed driver or be employed by a private hire operator.
It’s worth noting that becoming a private hire driver in Wolverhampton is a regulated profession and there are strict rules and regulations that you must follow to maintain your licence. You will need to renew your licence periodically and ensure that you comply with all relevant legislation and regulations.
Book online now or phone to book your wolverhampton taxi private hire medical