Forklift driver medicals will be carried out by an experienced GP it takes about half an hour and covers general health, vision, hearing and mobility. The assessment will particularly look for health conditions which could cause a driver to lose control, e.g. epilepsy, balance, medication side effects, alcohol and drug dependency, psychiatric conditions and learning difficulties.
After the medical is completed you are given a certificate stating that you meet the standard required to drive a forklift truck signed by our GMC registered doctor
What will happen at the examination?
1) You will be asked questions regarding your medical history
2) Height & Weight
3) Eye Examination
4) Cardiovascular Examination
5) Blood Pressure Examination
6) Neurological Examination
7) Respiratory Examination
8) Musculoskeletal System Examination
9) Other tests including urine dipstick and colour vision check if required